RC West CDO's annual fundraiser on July 2012 at Pueblo de Oro Golf and Country Club

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

VISA REISSUANCE PROGRAM (VRP)


VISA REISSUANCE PROGRAM (VRP)
As of July 25, 2011, some visa applicants may be eligible for an appointment through the U.S. Embassy in Manila's Visa Reissuance Program (VRP). If qualified for a VRP appointment, applicants need only to schedule an appointment, appear at the Embassy at the appointed time, and then have the application screened and give 10-print fingerscans. No need for an interview, and appointments are available within a few days! To qualify for the VRP, you must be able to answer "yes" to all of the following:
1. I am a Philippines passport holder.
2. I have previously been issued, in Manila, a full-validity visa (a visa good for five or ten years).
3. My visa is still valid... or it has expired within the last twelve months.
4. I have in my possession all of my passports covering the entire period of time since I received that full-validity visa.
5. I have not been refused a U.S. visa in the last twelve months.
6. My visa is not annotated "clearance received".
7. I have not ever stayed in the U.S. longer than 6 months (even if the Department of Homeland Security approved the extension of stay).
8. I have not ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even if subject of a pardon.
9. I can provide the visa control number from my visa (located in the upper right hand corner of the visa).
If you are able to meet all of the above conditions, you are eligible for a VRP appointment. Please go online or contact the call center to schedule the VRP appointment.
Important Reminders:
1. The U.S. Embassy in Manila reserves the right to interview any applicant. If an interview is required, a representative of the U.S. Embassy will contact the applicant within two business days of his/her VRP appointment.
2. If you schedule a VRP appointment, but are not actually eligible for a VRP appointment, you will be turned away at the Embassy and asked to schedule a regular appointment. Please make sure you are eligible for a VRP appointment based on the above criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotary International